I keep forgetting to post this! On January 25, Eve Bodeux and I (in our incarnation as Speaking of Translation) hosted a free question and answer conference call. We solicited questions from the attendees in advance, then answered them live during the call. We have a free recording of the call on the Listen page of our website, where you can also access the URLs that we talk about during the call. In this call we answered questions about:
- Software for quality assurance and time tracking
- Marketing to direct clients using the “free trial offer approach” (this question was answered by our surprise guest, Chris Durban )
- Finding higher-paying agencies to apply to
- The future of translation and localization management
- Time management
- Choosing and learning to use a translation memory tool
Overall I think that the call went very well and we got some great feedback on it! Feel free to take a listen and let us know what you think.