Next session: The April 2019 session of this course is sold out. Click here to be added to the wait list for a future session.
Description: “This course was exactly what I needed – it offered a structured, bite-sized and realistic approach to topics every potential full-time freelancer needs to consider. Corinne’s honest and unbiased feedback helped me to focus on my goals and plan the next steps in my freelance career .”
If you’re a beginning translator looking for the nuts and bolts of how to launch and run a successful freelance business, Getting Started as a Freelance Translator will get you there! You’ll create a translation-targeted resume and cover e-mail, a billable hours and rates sheet, and a marketing plan for your translation business. Most importantly, you’ll finish the course with increased confidence in your freelance business skills.
Format: This course combines self-paced video lessons, live sessions (recordings provided if you can’t attend), and individual feedback on your homework assignments. You do not need to be online at a specific time other than for the live sessions at 12 noon New York time on Mondays and Wednesdays, and if you can’t or don’t want to attend those you can listen to the full recording that will be sent out right after the session. Everything else is at your own pace.
- Four weeks of self-paced video lessons
- Four live sessions focusing on a key topic for beginning freelancers
- Four live question and answer sessions with recordings provided if you can’t attend live
- Individual feedback on your translation-targeted resume and cover letter, marketing plan, rates and billable hours sheet, and online presence
- Access to my monthly alumni question and answer calls after the course ends
- You can also contact me whenever you’d like, with any other questions. You’ll finish the course with a clear plan for entering the world of freelance translation.